Level is a prime example of a woman-led design studio that has been an impactful indomitable force in the world of design. Based in San Francisco, the company was founded by Nichole Rouillac and Robin Hubbard, creative directors at studio One & Co, followed by HTC. Level has been responsible for game-changing products like the HTC Vive, the Fitbit Versa, and even North’s revolutionary AR embedded eyewear among other projects for clients like Google, Microsoft, and Logitech. Level is looking for a Junior Industrial Designer to join their team in San Francisco, working hands-on on future projects and directly with the founders.
We are actively seeking a Junior Industrial Designer. As a core member of level’s growing ID studio, the Junior ID will be tasked with a diverse and dynamic set of responsibilities, including concept development and execution for client projects as well as building the level portfolio through competition and conceptual work. In addition to ID contribution, the Junior ID will help to create a positive studio atmosphere and culture at level. The Junior ID reports directly to the Founders.
– Creating original and appropriate design work for level and its clients
– Communicate and present design issues with level’s clients’ personnel and vendors
– Level presentation work: rendering, image gathering, PowerPoint, supervising model-shop and photographer
– 3D CAD (Alias 3D / Rhino 3D / SolidWorks) + Photoshop: 3D geometry, rendering and adjustment of renderings
– 2D Skills: 2D Photoshop, Illustrator, (InDesign), PowerPoint, hand sketching, etc.
– Basic model-shop skills: rough foam models and 3D printer set-up and clean-up
– Answer incoming phone calls, take messages when necessary
– Assist in promotional activities – level PR/WEB work, as needed
– Keeping things in order: model-shop, archive design work and general office tasks and ‘tidiness’
– Proactive, positive and pleasant work attitude while working at level.
– Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design
– Experience in a similar, creative studio environment
– Ability to create or learn new processes
– Ability to learn new web-based applications
– Proficient in Google web-based applications, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Friendly, open-minded demeanor and attitude
– Open to new challenges and solutions
– Exceptional attention to detail, excellent follow-through
– Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced creative setting
– Self-directed, proactive, able to work efficiently and effectively
– The employee is regularly required to use hands to type, handle, feel
– The employee is frequently required to climb stairs, walk, sit, talk and hear
– The employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or reach
– The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
– Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails must have the subject title: ‘Junior Industrial Designer (via Yanko Design)’
San Francisco, USA.